When you or your loved one confronts substance use disorder, it affects your family. At Fairbanks, we understand how important family support is and encourage family involvement as part of the overall recovery process.
Family members must understand what their loved one is going through, which is why we provide family support and education for adults and adolescents. We teach families about alcohol, drug abuse and addiction, while providing the necessary support to help the entire family cope during this difficult and confusing time.
While participating in treatment programs here at Fairbanks, you have the opportunity to speak with your loved one’s primary counselor. Family sessions may be scheduled to enable everyone to gain more insight and education about addiction. Fairbanks also incorporates inpatient visitation for adolescents and young adults with family programs.
We offer the following family support and education for the adult programs:
• Educational Lectures & Group Therapy: For patients and their loved ones (spouses, significant others, parents, relatives, children that are over the age of 12, friends, pastors and employers)
• Recovery Management for Families: For families and friends only (spouses, significant others, parents, relatives, children that are over the age of 18, friends, pastors and employers)
For Adolescents and Young Adults
We offer the following family support and education for the adolescent and young adult programs:
• Family Therapy Group: For patients and their immediate family members only.
• Family Education: An eight-week course for immediate family members only.
• Parent Support Group: Continued support available for immediate family members upon the completion of family education class.