Addiction Recovery Support for Families
At Fairbanks, we understand how important family support is to the recovery process. Our family program is geared toward providing loved ones information about addiction and recovery.
Programming involves educational lectures, group therapy and family support meetings facilitated by our expert staff. Our family counselor is Rick Long, LCSW, MDIV. He can be reached at 317-572-9378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recovery Management for Families
Open to families and friends ages 18 and older. Patients may not attend. Group includes friends and families of current patients, as well as for families with individuals not involved in treatment with Fairbanks. Participation may continue even after the client has completed treatment with Fairbanks.
- 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays in the Fairbanks Recovery Center with counselor Rick Long
Individual Family Therapy
Family therapy is offered on a referral basis from the client’s primary counselors. Sessions are approximately 50 minutes and can be provided for 3-5 sessions. Children may be included if deemed therapeutically appropriate.
Educational Lectures & Group Therapy
For patients and their loved ones (spouses, significant others, parents, relatives, children ages 12 or older, friends, pastors, 12-Step supporters and employers). There is no fee for any of our family services or programming.
- 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays in Fortune Hall
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- 1-4 p.m. Fridays at the Fairbanks Recovery Center (lecture from 1 to 2:15 in Room 128 and 2:30 to 4 p.m. in the designated group room)
Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
- 6-9 p.m. Thursdays in the Fairbanks Recovery Center
For Adolescents and Young Adults
We offer the following family support and education for the adolescent and young adult program:
- Family Therapy Group – For patients and their immediate family members only.
- Family Education – An eight week course for immediate family members only.
- Parent Support Group – Continued support available for immediate family members upon the completion of family education class.
Visitation and Programming Schedule
Adolescents and Young Adults
|Thursday||Family Education Group||6 to 7:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||Family Visitation||7:30 to 8:30 p.m.|
Weekend Schedule for Adolescent and Odyssey (Day of the Week to Attend Depends on the Counselor)
|Sunday||Family Group||9:30 to 11 a.m.|
|Sunday||Family Visitation||11 to 11:30 a.m.|
|Saturday||Family Group||9:30 to 11 a.m.|
|Saturday||Family Visitation||11 to 11:30 a.m.|
|Monday||Adolescent IOP||5-8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Odyssey IOP||6-9 p.m.|