Fairbanks Level 1 Outpatient Group Therapy meets one hour weekly for 12 weeks. Frequency and duration may be adjusted to meet the needs of each client. The group’s focus is substance abuse treatment and associated issues that cause moderate impairment in the individual’s life. Treatment goals will address lifestyle, attitudinal and behavioral issues that interfere with functioning or recovery. Care management and groups are led by a master’s-level clinician who is credentialed through our contracted payers. This program is based on the Patient Placement Criteria for the treatment of substance disorders by the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
- An initial level of care when the severity warrants this intensity of intervention. The goal is for treatment to be completed at this level of care unless a re-assessment is warranted.
- A “step down” level of care for those who have required a more intensive level
- An alternative approach to someone to engage who may be resistant or pre-contemplative.
- Potential clients for this program will complete a PSA 1 with the outpatient assessment counselor in the Fairbanks Access Center. If this level of care is recommended, the outpatient admission process will be completed.
- Newly admitted clients will be assigned a group and a counselor at this time. Outpatient expectations will be reviewed.
- Clients who may also benefit from a MAT appointment will be scheduled with addiction medicine services at this time.
- Clients will participate in the development of a treatment plan that will identify problems, goals and objectives to be completed throughout the course of treatment. The client’s progress will be discussed in multi-disciplinary team meetings. Continuing stay criteria and discharge criteria will be reviewed. Clients will participate in the development of their ongoing recovery plan prior to discharge.
Currently there are four Level 1 groups that meet 5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Cost is $52 per session and is self-pay. Insurance will often cover part or all of the cost, and Fairbanks offers discounts if the client meets certain criteria.