Five Fun Facts About CEO Brown
June 8, 2015
Last week, our new President and CEO Kent Brown started at Fairbanks. Employees have enjoyed meeting him throughout the week, but everyone would like to know more. Here are five fun facts about our new CEO and President to help you get to know him better!
- Kent is from Moline, Illinois and his parents owned a bowling alley. He’s never bowled a perfect game (yet!), but he has bowled several 11 strike games.
- Kent is married to Cynthia and has three children; Keith, Samantha and Madison. Cindy is the manager of patient experience at Mercy Health in Youngstown, OH. His son Keith lives in Los Angeles and produces music videos. His daughter Sami just finished her freshman year at the St. Mary’s College in South Bend and his youngest daughter, Madi, is 13 and enjoys playing volleyball, basketball and swimming.
- He is a fan of Big Ten athletics, having attended the University of Illinois for his bachelor’s degree in pharmacy and the University of Iowa for his MBA. However, he’s not picking favorites between IU or Purdue.
- He is a proud veteran of the United States Naval Submarine Force serving as a First Class Petty Officer, Electrician Mate.
- In his free time, Kent enjoys cycling and swimming.