Support Others By Giving Back
Volunteers are vital to the work of Fairbanks. Our volunteers donate their time and talent to Fairbanks in a variety of ways, but most importantly they offer hope to our patients and their families.
Who Can Volunteer?
Any individual who supports the mission of Fairbanks! Do you have a few extra hours each month to volunteer? Do you have a willingness to share your experience, strength and hope? If you are in recovery do you actively participate in a 12-step program? Then we can use your help! We request that people in recovery have a minimum of 90 days of sobriety. If you are a community supporter of Fairbanks, we request a minimum commitment of one year to be eligible to volunteer. If you are a student seeking internship opportunities, please visit our careers page.
What are the Volunteer Opportunities?
Below are some of our exciting volunteer needs. If you have other talents you wish to explore as a way to volunteer tell us about them!
- Office Assistant: Assist Fairbanks staff with clerical work.
- Fresh Start Café Barista: Deliver friendly customer service while serving as the barista and cashier.
- Gift Shop Coordinator: Provide assistance to patients and families looking for materials to expand their knowledge of addiction and recovery.
- Peer Facilitator: Share your experience, strength and hope with patients.
- Access Center Greeter: Welcome potential clients and families entering Fairbanks for an assessment.
- Gymnasium Facilitator: Assist recreational therapists during open gym hours.
Where do I start?
To express interest in volunteering at Fairbanks, please complete the volunteer application online. You can also download this completed print application and return it to our facility at any time. If you have questions regarding volunteering at Fairbanks, please contact Kathleen Gill.