Addiction Recovery Support for Families
You are not alone, although we understand that it can feel that way.
Sometimes, the support from others who are going through the same challenges is exactly what you need. When your loved one struggles with addiction, your family struggles too. At Fairbanks, we understand how important family support is and encourage family involvement as part of the overall recovery process.
Family members must understand what their loved one is going through, which is why we provide family support and education for adults and adolescents. We teach families about alcohol, drug abuse and addiction, while providing the necessary support to help the entire family cope during this difficult and confusing time.
While participating in the treatment programs here at Fairbanks, you have the opportunity to speak with your loved one’s primary counselor. Family sessions may be scheduled to enable everyone to gain more insight and education about addiction. Fairbanks also incorporates inpatient visitation for adolescents and young adults with family programs.
We offer the following family support and education for the adult program:
- Educational Lecture & Group Therapy – For patients and their loved ones (spouses, significant others, parents, relatives, children that are over the age of 12, friends, pastors and employers)
- Recovery Management for Families – For families and friends only (spouses, significant others, parents, relatives, children that are over the age of 18, friends, pastors and employers)
For Adolescents and Young Adults
We offer the following family support and education for the adolescent and young adult program:
- Family Therapy Group – For patients and their immediate family members only.
- Family Education – An eight week course for immediate family members only.
- Parent Support Group – Continued support available for immediate family members upon the completion of family education class.
Visitation and Programming Schedule
|Thursday||Family Education Group||6 to 7:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||Family Visitation||7:30 to 8:30 p.m.|
Weekend Schedule for Adolescent and Odyssey (Day of the Week to Attend Depends on the Counselor)
|Sunday||Family Group||1 to 2:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||Family Visitation||2:30 to 3 p.m.|
|Saturday||Family Group||1 to 2:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||Family Visitation||2:30 to 3 p.m.|