A structured living environment is important to sustain life-long recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. We understand that returning home after primary treatment is not always the best option for every person.
The Supportive Living Program (SLP) at Fairbanks offers an opportunity for patients to transition from inpatient treatment to outpatient treatment or recovery management programming. Residents are encouraged to stay at SLP for at least nine weeks, but many choose to stay longer.
Our Supportive Living Program offers a structured environment where individuals can develop and practice life-skills while maintaining a drug and alcohol-free lifestyle. Our supportive living apartments provide a safe and sober environment as they begin a new life. Services provided at SLP include:
- Literacy program – Residents work one on one with National Honor Society students in an adult learning program.
- Job readiness program – Residents learn important skills about interviewing, resume writing and dressing professionally.
- Employment agency – A local employment agency meets with residents and assists them in learning how to apply for job opportunities.
- Financial counseling – A local bank assists residents in gaining information about managing money and budgeting.
- Healthcare – Residents have the opportunity to partner with the Wishard Advantage Program to receive access to affordable healthcare services.
- Transportation – A Fairbanks van provides transportation to and from treatment programs and support meetings.
- Food pantry – Opportunities for shopping at the Fairbanks food pantry are provided weekly.