Fairbanks provides education and treatment programs for alcohol abuse & addiction
April is National Alcohol Awareness Month, proving the opportunity for prevention, awareness and education of alcohol abuse and addiction. Fairbanks encourages you to take this time to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of alcohol abuse. Knowing the warning signs and symptoms of addiction could save someone’s life.
• Loss or increase of appetite
• Personal grooming declines
• Inability to sleep, awake at usual times
• Pupils larger or smaller than usual
• Nausea, vomiting or excessive sweating
• Tremors or shakes of hands, feet or head
• Change in overall attitude or personality
• Change in activities or hobbies
• Drop in grades in school or performance at work
• Moodiness, irritability or nervousness
• Secretive or suspicious behavior
• Chronic dishonesty
Fairbanks offers a variety of programs for men, women, adolescents and their families including: PRIME for Life educational groups, detox, rehab, outpatient treatment, long-term residential living and recovery management.
If you have trouble controlling your alcohol consumption or know someone who does, make an appointment at Fairbanks for an assessment. You can talk to a counselor confidentially to determine how alcohol or drugs may be affecting your life or the life of a loved one. Call Fairbanks at 317.849.8222.